Grants may be awarded to Member States for emergency measures against pests, in order to:
- eradicate a pest from an infected area;
- contain a pest;
- provide additional protection against the spread of a pest.
- Commission Implementing Decision C(2019) 66/10, on the financing and the adoption of the work programme for 2019 and 2020 for the implementation of the emergency measures to combat certain animal diseases and plant pests.
Following the entering into force of Article 18.1 (d) of Regulation No 652/2014 on 1 January 2017, the Commission Implementing Decision C(2016)159 laying down the procedures for the submission of applications for grants and requests for payment, and the information relating thereto, in respect of the emergency measures against plant pests referred to in Regulation (EU) No 652/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council was amended; for co-funding of emergency measures implemented as of 1st of January 2017, the new financial and technical templates to be used by the Member States are available below:
- Templates for preliminary budget – Annex I and II of Commission Implementing Decision C(2016)159 amended:
- Templates for request of payment – Annex III and IV of Commission Implementing Decision C(2016)159 amended :
- Flowchart procedures for emergency measures
- Guidelines for applicants for EU funding of plant health emergency