The European Commission is organising a high-level event to provide a forum for a transparent and constructive debate on how the EU could develop a regulatory framework on plants obtained by certain new genomic techniques (targeted mutagenesis and cisgenesis) that combines high levels of safety while reaping the benefits of innovation.
Three panels will discuss the contribution of new genomic techniques to sustainability, risk assessment as well as traceability/labelling of products resulting from new genomic techniques.
- The programme can be found here.
- Registration to this on-line event is open here until 24 November 2021. Interpretation is provided in the following languages: FR-DE-EN-IT-ES-SL
- The event can also be followed via webstreaming. The link will be provided closer to the date.
- genetically modified organism
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Slovenian