EU food safety policy includes rules on food contact materials (e.g. food packaging, kitchen and tableware and food processing equipment).
This initiative aims to modernise the rules, to:
- ensure food safety & a high level of public health protection
- reduce the presence and use of hazardous chemicals
- take account of the latest science & technology
- support innovation & sustainability by promoting safe reusable and recyclable solutions, and help reduce the sector’s environmental impact.
- Publication date
- 17 October 2022
- Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety