Presentations of the event
Session 1: How to further raise awareness?
- Opening speech by EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Stella Kyriakides
- Welcoming remarks by EU Commissioner for Environment Virginijus Sinkevičius
- African Swine Fever in Belgium : Story of a successful eradication by Mr Clarinval - Minister
Session 2: priority: How to foster R&D to achieve an ASF vaccine?
- Upcoming Initiatives - Forward Looking by Guy Van den Eede – Director “Health Consumer Protection and Reference Materials
- Challenges & risks related to a possible ASF vaccine by Sandra Blome - Friedrich Loeffler Institut
- The role of EU and global industry by Roxanne.Feller - Secretary General, Animal health Europe
Session 3: What could a long term wild boar management in the EU look like?
- What could a long-term wild boar management in the EU look like? by Pekka Pesonen- Secretary General Copa-Cogeca
- The role of hunters by David Scallan - Secretary General of FACE
- National action plans on wild boar management in the context of EU legislation on ASF by Bernard Van Goethem - Director of Directorate G, DG SANTE, European Commission
The Chair's conclusions were presented by Claire Bury - Deputy Director General, DG SANTE, to close the event.