Call for Experts
Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE) unit E2 is looking for individual experts to support policy developments on food contact materials (FCM) at EU level area, in particular on the revision of the EU FCM legislation. Individuals should have a high level of expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Risk assessment of chemical substances and materials;
- Consumer safety;
- Compliance and conformity assessments and other certification schemes;
- Analytical methodology;
- FCM supply chains, including manufacturing and imports;
- Information technology and implementation of such IT for the exchange of information in supply chains for compliance and control purposes (business to business, business to competent authorities) as well as provision of information to consumers;
- Circular economy issues, sustainability of FCM, including packaging and sustainability of food supply chains and distribution systems;
- Other areas of expertise as relevant for the revision of the EU rules on FCM (please specify, with justification)
Application and selection procedures
The call is aimed at citizens of EU Countries, Switzerland or Norway. Candidates are invited to submit an expression of interest via the webpage Funding & tender opportunities by Friday 15 July 2022.
Based on the received expressions of interest and suitability of candidates, DG SANTE will draw up a list of interested experts in the EMI Database. When necessary, DG SANTE will consult the list and assign a task to the most appropriate expert.
Specialists are expected to work on individual tasks, with specific objects, liaising with FCM interested parties, in close cooperation with DG SANTE officials.
Tasks may be carried in the European Commission premises or in another place, remotely using electronic communication tools.
In case of questions regarding this call please contact: SANTEfirstname.lastname@example.org.